A Very Adventurous Thing Indeed!



 Soooooo.... I have decided to venture into the scary and exciting world of sewing my first regency dress. "In declaring myself thus, I am fully aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, my friends, and I hardly need add, my own better judgement." It's not that dramatic, but I just could not help the Mr. Darcy reference. (Cue picture of distressed Mr. Darcy.) He looks so upset, hee hee. (Ok, stop fan-girling.)



 So I shall bravely face this daunting task, and take the adventure Aslan sends me. :D Despite the fact that the sensible part of my mind is saying, (in a menacing Anakin-is-about-to-duel-Obi Wan type of voice) "You will try..." ( Cue picture of Anakin with awful blood shot eyes.)


Ok, so to get the ugly picture of the weird guy who probably hasn't seen the eye doctor for the last millennium off the screen, I will now show you pictures of the material, and pattern. 


(The material is darker, more of a peach, because it was really bad light, but whatever. )


And that is the dress!! (The pink one) 
Doesn't the girl look like Emma? (besides the sassy look on her face) And doesn't the dress look like Emma's archery dress from the 1995 version? 

All in all, my feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire, and love this dress pattern. (giggles like Lizzy into my napkin...) 


Ok, I really need to stop all these references to movies/books...
Stay tuned for more about my dress to be!!! 
Aslan to my aid!!!! (Ok, I'll stop now, I promise!!)
-Abigail

Comments

  1. YOUR BLOG'S TITLE. It's perfect. And on top of everything else, you're into Narnia! *fist bump*

    Okay, when you quoted Mr. Darcy…I cracked up internally. It was awesome…

    Good job for trying this! I'm sure I'd fail terrifically if I tried to make a Regency gown, but I'm sure you'll do stupendously! I look forward to seeing pictures:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the title. I'm assuming you are a fellow Narnian?? (Narnia forever!) Ya, the Mr. Darcy quote fit perfectly, and I couldn't resist...
    Thanks for the encouragement about the dress, I am a bit nervous about how it will turn out... But we shall see. More pics. soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts