Wednesday, 22 April 2015

My favorite narnia quotes


    Have you ever noticed how sometimes a story has the ability to inspire you, or comfort you more then anything else? I have. Maybe it's because you are more open to a story then you may be to a person, or advice. Maybe it's because sometimes you can feel the author's humanness, their feelings behind the words, and realise they know what you feel like...

    Whatever the reason may be, there are three quotes from The Chronicles of Narnia, (what else?) that have inspired me, made me cry and laugh.. And they are just. so. beautiful.

-Abigail




The Silver Chair, Chapter 12: The Queen of Underland
(Puddleglum speaking)

    "One word, Ma'am," he said, coming back from the fire; limping, because of the pain. "One word. All you've been saying is quite right, I shouldn't wonder. I'm a chap who always liked to know the worst, and then put the best face I can on it. So I won't deny any of what you said. But there's one thing more to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We're just babies making up a game, if you're right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. So, thanking you kindly for our supper, if these two gentlemen, and the young lady are ready, we're leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for Overland. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that's a small loss if the world's as dull a place as you say."





The Last Battle, Chapter 15: Further Up and Further In
(Jewel speaking)

 "I have come home at last. This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that it sometimes looked a little like this. Bree-hee-hee! Come further up, come further in!"





The Horse and His Boy, Chapter 11: The Unwelcome Fellow Traveler
(Aslan and Shasta speaking)

"Don't you think it was bad luck to meet so many lions?" said Shasta. "There was only one lion," said the Voice. "What on earth do you mean? I've just told you there were at least two the first night, and -"
"There was only one: but he was swift of foot." "How do you know?" "I was the lion." And as Shasta gaped with open mouth and said nothing, the Voice continued. "I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the house of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackels from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you." "Then it was you who wounded Aravis?" "It was I." "But what for?" "Child," said the Voice, "I am telling you your story, not hers. I tell no-one any story but his own." "Who are you?" asked Shasta. "Myself," said the Voice, very deep and low so that the earth shook: and again "Myself," loud and clear and gay: and then the third time "Myself," whispered so softly you could hardly hear it, and yet it seemed to come from all around you as if the leaves rustled with it.

The picture isn't mine btw.. Found it online



2 comments:

  1. The first one may well be my very favorite Narnia quote EVER. It's so true and epic and glorious and in-your-face-ish;)

    These are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It's so amazing, and patriotic. (If your Narnian, that is. Which I am. ;)

      Delete