Tuesday, 16 June 2015

I've been nominated: Sisterhood Award


   Hello dearies! I have been nominated by Olivia and Chloe for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thanks so much girls!!! I can't wait! But first, here are the rules.


Rules

1. Thank the blogger[s] who nominated you, linking back to [their] blogs.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for you nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.

Ok, here are Olivia's questions:

1. What is one movie/tv dwelling place in which you would like to live?

Only one?? Okay. Narnia, for sure. In Cair Paravel to be specific. But, my runner up is Storybrooke.



Because who wouldn't want to live in a castle like this?? 

2. One character from a musical whom you really love?

To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of musicals; so I'm going to have to say Maria, from The Sound of Music.

This dress???!!!

3. Is there a particular wardrobe item you find yourself wearing over and over?

My jeans, to be sure. I also tend to wear one of my favorite summer dresses a lot.

4. What is your favorite fruit?

Ooooh, thats hard!! Probably blueberries and pears.

5. Top five TV shows?

Okay. Here goes.

1. Once Upon a Time





Because everything about it is awesome. 

2. Downton Abbey


This show, even though I am only on season 1, is (so far) really good. I love it!!

3. Lost

I watched this show about a year ago, and really enjoyed it. Since I haven't watched many TV shows, I'm putting this down as a favorite. 

4. Person of Interest

I love this show!! It's on season 4 now, but the story line has unfortunately gone down. None the less, it still earns a spot on my favorites list.

I can't think of a fifth one, so I'm going to leave that spot open for any shows in the future.
 Maybe for BBC's Robin Hood? 

6. Do you like to listen to the radio?

If it is classical, or a radio program like Adventures in Odyssey, then yes. Anything else, most likely not.

7. How many pets do you have, if any, and if you don't have any, would you like one?

My family has a yellow lab named Wallace, and I look after my two bunnies, but I don't have a "big" pet. Someday I will have a horse in the backyard.... Someday.


This is Wallace.



8. Do you like school?

The majority of the time I'm not fond of it, but there are some subjects I really like. Music, writing, literature, are awesome. Math, not so much.

9. Are you more inspired by the mountains, the seaside, or the country?

Ummm, I would probably have to say the mountains. I also love moors, like in Ireland and Scotland. But the grandeur of the mountains is breathtaking!!!

Far over, the Misty Mountains cold....

A few years ago, my family went on a cross-continent trip. These are the pictures of the Rocky Mountains that my dad took. (This is Western Canada)


Look at that peak....

10. Do you enjoy poetry?

I rather do! It's not the first thing I pick up to read, but when I hear it, I enjoy it.

Thanks so much for the questions Olivia!!! It was so much fun!



Chloe's questions:

1. Do you like county fairs?

Oh yes. Especially small ones, that still have horse shows, and where everybody seems to know everyone.


2. Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?

I was never in any "official" clubs, but I took riding lessons, and we would do field trips with the homeschool group sometimes.. Does that count?? Oh, I am also in 4H now...

3. What's one of the first movies you remember seeing?

Ooooh, probably something like Franklin, or The Bearnstien Bears, or other kids shows like The Donut Man, and The Magic School Bus. Wow. That goes WAY back.



4. Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?

Defiantly sit on the back porch and read. That just seems like my thing.



5. Do you enjoy live concerts?

If it is a genre, or artist I like, then by all means yes! I also love performances done by orchestras and stuff...

6. Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?

Probably historical fiction. I especially like biblical historical fiction. Although I did read the entire Hunger Games Trilogy in about three days... Nonstop.

7. Do you like country music?

I'm sorry if I offend anybody... But NO!! For whatever reasons, hearing people moan about big trucks, cowboy hats, and the like just doesn't appeal to me. Sorry.

8. If you could play any role in a musical, who would you choose?

Due to my limited range of musicals, probably Maria, from The Sound of Music.


Wouldn't this be fun??!!


9. Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?

I have only done it a few times, when my legs were really tired or cramped.

10. Can you tell us a funny story of something that that happened to you in the last week/month/ever?

Yes, I can actually!! So I was at square dancing a few days ago, and at a certain part of the dance I had to dance with a little boy about half my hight. I had to shuffle around while I was squatting so I could reach his waist, and unfortunately while doing so, I squashed his toes twice. Yup. I feel pretty bad for him.  He was a good sport, though!!

Thanks so much girls for nominating me!! It was a lot of fun!

Now I nominate:

Alicia at: Sweet 'n' Salty

Have fun Alicia!!

By the way, the only pictures that are mine are the pictures of the mountains, and Wallace. (Please don't use any of them.) The rest were found on various places on the web. Well, thanks for reading this long over due post!!




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and what are your ten questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh!! I forgot to write them!! I will do that ASAP!

      Delete
  3. Yay, you did it!!!:D

    And YES WATCH ROBIN HOOD DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!:D

    Aww, Wallace is adorable! And yes, Maria would be soooo fun to play:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote Narnia, too! Nice answers! :)

    ReplyDelete