What I've been doing this summer..(and plan to do)


  This summer I have been busy:


Camping:

 Coming from a family of three brothers, we naturally camp alot... And this summer it seems like we have been doing a lot of back-to-back campouts... And just this weekend we will be heading up to a cottage with some friends. I am soooooo excited. Maybe I'll bring my camera, so I can share it all with you.. Hmmmmm. Add to that VBS, and you have a pretty full July!!


Not camping in anything as nice as this mind you.


Great. Now I'm just downright jealous. 
Thanks a lot Pinterest!!! 



Reading:

The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis
Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Do Hard Things, by Alex and Brett Harris






Writing:

Stuff for Under the Greenwood Tree, which is my meager attempt at fan fiction for Robin Hood. It is being posted with the Pickwick Portfolio, if you would like to read it.



Playing:

Anything on the piano that I want to... And. I. am. starting. violin. lessons. TOMORROW!! Eeek! I'm so excited... A long time dream is coming true!!!



.....And just generally looking forward to the rest of the summer things we will be doing, like going to the beach, seeing family from the U.S., going to water parks, the barn, square dancing, swimming, gardening, and tons of other stuff like that. What are you doing this summer?? I would love to hear your plans!


Random but awesome!!
Also... I am trying to come up with a pen name to go by... I was thinking Elizabeth Clive, or Elizabeth Lewis. (although when I googled Elizabeth Lewis, somebody actually came up... And I don't want to have the same name as some random famous person.)  What do you think??
See you in a bit!!





Comments

  1. Elizabeth Clive sounds like a good name:) And I've counted down the days for the first Violin lesson, I can't believe it's here!!!

    -Lissie Kay (pen name)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I probably will go with Elizabeth Clive… I like Elizabeth Lewis better… But since that is the name of an actual person, I don't want to seem like I'm committing fraud. (And Clive was C.S. Lewis' first name so that's nice. ;)

      Can't wait till violin!!! AGGGHHH!!!

      -Abby

      Delete
  2. You're writing a fanfic for Robin Hood??! You're taking violin lessons??! Aaaaack! Too many warm fuzzies:D

    I've been doing a lot of traveling this summer--not very far, but often, which is fun, but a little tiring, hehe;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes!! I'm so excited about violin… After about seven years of piano, a new instrument will be fun!!

      That does sound very fun… That's normally all we do in the summer… We have never really left North America or anything over the summer!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts