It's spring to me, and fandom stuff.


    So today, on a wet, muddy, boring March day, I saw the first Robin. And Red Winged Black Bird.  Which is kinda a big deal at our little homestead, because it means Spring is truly here, now that all it's old inhabitants are back.



   Normally the day we see the first Robin means we bake little white sugar cookies with Robin's egg blue icing in the shape of birds and eggs to celebrate spring. It's a tradition my Grandma Bergel started, and she has this old little cookie cutter that's shaped like a bird that she gave to mom, so now we use it every spring.

  I suppose getting excited about a bird is rather immature, but then again, when was I ever mature? It's the little things, right?  Ah yes, it's the little things.


That lovely thing isn't the cookies we make, we aren't nearly that artistic... But it is adorable, no? 

  And now for the fandom stuff that was in the title......

I found several days  on Pinterest that you might want to add to your calendar. I think these are super fun, and I will be observing all of the holidays. What say you, friends? The only problem for me is I have to many fandoms. :( 

I guess I will be wearing black. Or red, pink, yellow and orange. 

YES!!!! 

I am so doing this!! 


I also found the Fandom United Pledge, and re- typed it out to make it look nicer. My my, I feel so official now. :)

So on April 1st, July 11th, and May 29th, show your fandom pride!! 

Because, come on......


Comments

  1. Happy March! I tagged you for the Get to Know Me Tag! Only if you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy March to you to Morgan!! ;)

      I would love to do the tag.. Although it might be a few days late.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, that's so cute about the robins! No, that is NOT immature. It's called Appreciating Nature and it is a very sophisticated thing to do. Ask anybody ;-)

    I love that Fandom United pledge! It's a good way of thinking about it, too--fandoms are really supposed to be something we can all enjoy together, NOT argue and bicker about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a tradition I rather love!! ;)

      I agree! It's such a sweet thing... Fandoms are supposed to get along, not argue or get ranked.

      Delete
  3. I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT SPRING ABBY LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. (Well, maybe you do ;D)

    That fandom united pledge is really challenging. Good one ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Huzzah!! Fandom Day, April 1st already happened, and it was soooo much fun! I looked like a Starburst bag threw up on me... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts