A Long Expected Post

        So remember how last March Break, a whole year ago, I mentioned that I was going to re-do my bedroom? If you don't I don't blame you in the least. Well my room is FINALLY done, with all the little details finished. It's been like this for a while, but the apple blossoms opened today, so I finally got to add some bouquets. Anywho, here is the post that is a year late. If you want to see what my room looked like before, the link to the old post is HERE . Now on to the new look!!

This is the quote on my door at the moment, it changes whenever I feel like it. 

**Just a random note... I kinda went around the room in a clockwise circle, starting with my bed, on the extreme left of the door.**


All me makeup... 
And now my pride and joy: Narnia wall stickers, made by my dad. My walls feature the original Pauline Baynes lamppost, and Mr. Beaver's wise words. ;) 


Zee Lamppost... 

GAH



My bookshelves... They are filling up!! 






Seriously guys, that chair is DIVINE TO READ IN!! I wish ye all could try it. 


A close up of my tack board. I'm really quite pleased with it. All of the quotes, and pages I did myself. Alicia made the Once calendar for me... And the rest if a collection of movie ticket stubs, cause I collect them, and the brochure for the play Nunsense our Theatre Group did. (And guys they are doing Mary Poppins next year, the full musical, and it's in an arena that seats six hundred, and I'm going to audition if there's a part that works for me AGHHH!!)


I strung flower chains across one wall, and around my window... And the chains have twinkle lights wrapped in with them, so it's like a fairy land when it's dark and you turn them on...

So that is my new room! I really really love it. It's fresh, and dreamy, and in the winter time, I change all the colors to red and green for christmas, and it's perfect. Especially when there is lots of candles. I like it so much more than the other look, this is more mature, and vintage. And I love vintage. :) What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts. And forgive the pun that follows:

"Who can say, if it's been changed for the better?" 

"I do believe it has been changed for the better!" 


Comments

  1. Loverly! Your bookshelves are beautiful. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I'm doing the bookshelf tag soon, so you'll be able to see them up close.. :)

      Delete
    2. Yayyy! :D Sounds like it will be fun to read! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Abigail! I enjoyed looking at this! :D Hmmm...I may do a room tour myself. Well see...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! YES! Please do a tour, I'd love to see your room. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely room! I love the Narnia stickers and I really want your chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty sure those two things are my favorite part of the room. :)

      Delete
  4. I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN YOUR ROOM, PLEASE. It is lovely! I adore the Narnia wall stickers, and the quotes are wonderful. The color scheme and overall layout seems so peaceful and pleasant. Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, that quote is one of my favorites. Thanks so much, I glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  5. Your room looks very fresh and comfortable! I like the bookshelves, and that reading chair probably most of all. :) Good work with all the quotes on your tack-board too!

    P.s Sorry if this seems like a random comment, I've only just discovered your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The chair is heaven. Everyone deserves such a chair. :) Thank you! I can't draw, but I can write stuff out. :)

      I love random comments! And welcome to my blog Jessica, thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. your room looks so cozy and neat! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby, it's so lovely! I just want to live in that room! :D

    The quotes and lamppost...perfect. I want it! ;D

    Great makeup collection! (At least from what I can see; makeup is always such colorful eye candy, no?) Okay, I have to ask: how do you put it on without a mirror?

    Gahhh, your shelves are beautimous! I recognized some Stephen Lawhead books(right?), but I'll wait till you do the bookshelf tag to drool over the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!

      I know right, I like to pretend I'm in Narnia.

      Thank you! I KNOW! Makeup makes it looks so good! Especially when you have pretty lotions and creams to... Actually I have a large mirror hanging behind my door, you just couldn't see it. Because I'm not one of those talented people who can do makeup without a mirror. :)

      YASSS! Stephen Lawhead it is. :) I'm so excited to do the bookshelf tag!

      Delete
  8. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh . . . what a beautiful room!! Seriously, it makes me really happy, just seeing the photos :-) And your Narnia wall art is AMAZING!!!!! "Course he isn't Safe. But he is good. He's the King, I tell you." *excited shivers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) I'm glad you like it!

      Oh I know. That quote is everything. <3

      Delete
  9. YES YES YES WICKED REFERENCES. (Should I focus on your room, or your reference? YOUR REFERENCE. DUH.) ALSO I HOPE YOU GET A PART. LIKE (GASPS!) JANE BANKS. EXCEPT YOU'RE FIFTEEN. SO NEVER MIND. BUT STILL. (*stops using Caps Lock*)

    You've really changed your room! I like both the new and the old-the old one was a bit more quaint, but they're both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WICKED IS AMAZING!!!!!

      Aw thanks!! As of right now, the audition details haven't been released, so my friend and I are holding our breath hoping there will be parts for 15 year olds..

      I really have! The other one I liked, but I just wasn't into the purple and pink, and the full ness of it. I wanted something fresh, and simple, that I could change, and that would be different. Hence the cream look. I really like my new look, it's fresh and older, which was what I needed......

      Thanks for the comment Ilse!

      Delete
  10. This is my first visit to your blog, but I must say-- I LOVE your room!! Everything looks so fresh and homey. And that chair looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Emily!! And welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy it here. :)

      And yes, that chair is like sitting on a cloud. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh goodness, your room is SO beautiful, I love it! Everything is so perfect, I'm totally drooling over here :D. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Savannah!! I'm glad you like it. It took a bit of time, but it has finally come together nicely. :)

      Thanks so much for the comment!!

      Delete
  12. GAAAHHH ABBY I WANT THIS ROOM.

    NO, SERIOUSLY.

    I WANT THIS ROOM.

    Extreme response aside, that room is absolutely STUNNING! Amazing job, Abby! It's--wow. I'm really kind of lost for words because it's so dang perfect. ALL ZEE QUOTES AND STORY-GIRL FEELS!!! And your dad made those stickers?! That's incredible.

    Really flawless, I absolutely love it :) Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawwwww thanks Olivia!! I know, the quotes and stuff..... I really wanted it to kinda be a soft dreamy fairy ish type place, with bookish ness throughout and I think it turned out really nice.

      Ya, he had this clear sticker paper from ages ago, and he printed them out on his huge printer.. (He's a professional photographer, and prints all of his own pictures to) I think they turned out nice. It saved me a bunch of money, cause they are so darn expensive to buy!

      Thanks so much for the lovely comment, it made my day. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts