Life Update


  Hello all my friends in the Blogger world, who I have neglected terribly.... :(  (I blame my uncontrollable procrastination gene.... ) I apologize for my lack of blogging, although it hasn't been the craziest of summers, we have still been pleasantly busy. And again, I blame that procrastinating gene.

Anyway, I am back, at the moment, and thought I would give you one of those "Currently" posts, to catch you up to speed on my life.

Currently I'm: 


Reading:

I started reading Anna Karenina, but lately I've had a hankering to re-read some of my favorite Narnia Books. So right now I've re-started Voyage of the Dawn Treader. *If you want to keep up to date with what I'm reading, I have a link to my goodreads page on my sidebar* 




Watching:

Multiple things. I was watching Merlin, *NEW FAVORITE SHOW ALERT* but I stopped when I had four episodes left, because I was told by Kate that I couldn't watch the last four, unless I did so with her. 

So I started another British Show called Broadchurch. It's a crime drama, a bit dark, but soooo good. It's simple, and subtle, and beautifully shot. Oh, and for all my Doctor Who lovers out there, it stars David Tennant. Uh huh.  All that's to say, if you enjoyed Sherlock, chances are you would like this show. And now a Merlin edit for you all. 


*CRIES UGLY TEARS*


Listening to:

  Hamilton: The Revolution. Ok guys. We need to have a talk. For all of you Broadway, musical lovers out there, I have a new show for you to listen too. It's called Hamilton. And it seriously is the best musical ever, other than Les Mis. It follows the life of Alexander Hamilton, a founding father, and chief staff aid to George Washington. The musical is this epic storytelling of his life, from his rival's perspective. 

  Guys I could talk for hours about the epicness of this show, but that would be a whole other post. All I can say is: I have been fangirling about this ever since I saw the below clips, and I'm sure you will too. And if I, as a Canadian, can enjoy a show about the American Revolution, ya'll can too. Now feast your eyes:










Wishing For:

    New books, of course. I always want new books. ;) I also need to replenish my makeup collection, and have been struggling to find quality, cheap makeup. Seriously. The struggle is real. Why can't books, Broadway shows,  and makeup be cheap?! 



Excited About:

    Surprisingly I'm excited about going to Public School this fall! I have classes I'm looking forward too, and lots of good friends, so ya...
   Our family is also having a camp out this weekend with some of our closest friends, so I'm sooooo excited about that. :) We also have more beach trips, cottage weekends and pool parties planned, which in my humble opinion is reason for excitement!

 There are also soooo many good movies coming out!! Doctor Strange, (because Benedict Cumberbatch) Ben Hur, (because Ben Hur) Star Wars: Rogue One (Another Star Wars movie? We are being blessed!!!) Agghh!! Finally Hollywood is making some quality stuff again.. :)


That's all for now Dearies! How has your summer been? 

Comments

  1. I have been well.

    I am about to go and re-read all the Narnia books. I just watched the three movies for the first time. I was very disappointed in . The first two were amazing, but Michael Apted just dropped the ball.

    Oh yes, Hamilton. My older sister is obsessed with it and let my little siblings listen to some songs, so now they are ALLLL singing the songs. It's kind of annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good!! :)

      Yes, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader was soooo wrong. It was still a decent movie, if you forgot the book it was based on... But it wasn't a Narnia story anymore... Reading the books will make it better though. :)

      Hee hee, I must say that I am the one who sings it non stop in my house, but I can understand how it would be annoying! ;)

      Delete
  2. HAMILTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "There's a million things I haven't done . . . but just you wait . . . just you wait . . ."

    "He will never be satisfied . . . I will never be satisfied . . ."

    "When you smile, you knock me out . . . I fall apart . . . and I thought I was so smart . . ."

    GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS THE BEST MUSICAL EVER AND I LOVE IT SO SO SO MUCH AND I CANNOT CONTAIN ALL MY FEELINGS. I'm soooooooooooooo happy to have discovered another fan!!! I know this might be a mean question but . . . do you have a favorite song? Or top three favorites? Mine are "Dear Theodosia," "It's Quiet Uptown," and "One Last Time."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU KNOW HAMILTON TOOOOOOOOO??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYY!!!!

      Oh my soul all the feels!!!!

      YASSSS!!! I HAVE NO WORDS FOR HOW AMAZING THIS MUSICAL IS I LOVE IT SO MUCH GAHHHHD!!!!!!!

      Ohhhhhh.... That is mean.. ;) Ummm, maybe Wait for It, The Battle of Yorktown, Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story. Or Hurricane. Or Satisfied. GAH I DON"T KNOW!! I also love Say no to This... It's a gorgeous song, even though it is about his affair.

      I so happy to find another Hamiltonian!!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you have decided to jump aboard the Hamilton train. It is my favorite musical right now.

    I tagged you for the Music Tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! Isn't Hamilton great? My favorite song is probably The Schuyler Sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts