Time to dig out your old Narnia books.... Again


   Guys. GUYYYSSSSS. Wanna join me on an adventure? 



    My darling friend Alicia  (I'm sure you know her from Sweet 'N' Salty ) and I recently got together, along with five plus pounds of candy, (I kid you not) and some turkish delight and committed to watching all three Narnia movies. *Spoiler alert* we only made it through two before the candy coma hit us at 2:30 am. But we promptly resumed the next morning.* 


   As the opening credits for the LWW played, we both looked at each other, squealed, and decided there and then that we both missed Narnia desperately. I'm sure you know what I mean. It's that feeling you get when you think of Narnia and you just miss it soooooooo bad and you just re-fall in love with everything about it. You know what I mean.


   And so, starting tomorrow, Alicia and I are going to begin re-read the entire Narnia series together. Just cause it's summer; and summer is the time of happiness and trips to the sea, and picnics and sunsets and everything that reminds me of Cair Paravel. 


  And we would love if all of you; our fellow Narnians, joined us. Pretty please? I know it's incredibly short notice, thanks to my wonderful procrastination skills, but there is still time. And even if you can't start tomorrow exactly, start as soon as you can! If you are at all interested; if the inner Narnian in you is waking up again; then read on, dear heart. 


~ The Details~ 
It begins August 1st, ends September 30th
We'll be reading the books in chronological order, which is: 
1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and his Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle 

Alicia and I will be your hosts here, at Castles in the Air. I'm gonna do my very, very best to post updates here in regards to my own personal progress. We'll also have a post where the comment section will be dedicated to other people's progress/thoughts. I'll also be trying to do other fun Narnia themed posts, as well as highlights for each book. We're not gonna be super strict about when we need to be finishing each book, so just read at your own pace! If I'm posting about a different book than the one you're on, that's totally ok. I'll warn about spoilers though. :)

I don't think there's any other details! I do hope you will join! If you decide to, please do comment so I know who else is reading with us!!! And if you have a blog, or social media or anything, feel free to spread the word, and celebrate too!! Also I made blog buttons. Help yourself. ;) 




Comments

  1. *hardly breathes in anticipation* IT'S GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be joining in!! I haven't read the Narnia books in months. I can't wait to get started!!!

    -Lia
    catholicgirlstuff.blogspot.com
    lilahsmusicals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh!! Nice to meet you Lia!! I'm so glad you decided to join!! I haven't read the books in a while either so this is gonna be great!!

      Delete
  3. Oh how fun! I actually already started rereading TCON earlier this summer and am on The Horse and His Boy. Though I'm excited to join up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah!!! I'm so glad you're joining us!!!

      Delete
  4. *giggles* that candy coma at 2:30 am sounds like me and my sister on September 22nd :D

    I've never read the entire series but maybe I can do it with my sister. She LOVES the books and maybe if we do it together, we can accomplish this great task! I'm totally up for watching the movies again too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy Coma's are so good. Like honestly.

      Ooooohh!! Now's the perfect time to do so!!! Yes! Pair up!! And the movies are a must have as well. ;)

      Delete
  5. I know I'm kind of late but... THIS LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! I would love to join!!! *scurries off to dig out books*

    Love your blog!

    MovieCritic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE NEVER TO LATE!!! Yes!!!! Please do join; we'd so love to have you!!!

      Aw thank you!! I'm so glad you came to visit ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts