Happy December! {plus more adventures onstage}

Happy December! We're on the countdown to Christmas, and it's officially my favourite time of year.


Time for candy canes and snow and hot chocolate and christmas trees and carols and shopping and christmas sweaters and christmas lights at night. Just yes.
  Also, this year has just flown by, and I can't believe it.



   And now to share about a recent adventure of mine that has to do with the stage, and a few certain little women.


  
    I got to be onstage again this past fall, much to my delight, and this time the show was Little Women. *squeals happily* When I was asked to audition for the show, I could not have been more excited. Little Women has always been a favourite book and movie of mine. I mean, my blog name is a Little Women reference. I flipping love that book. 

   Anywho, I auditioned for the role of sassy Amy March, and got it. Ironically Amy has always been my least favourite sister..... so I was excited to play her, and force myself to tolerate her character. She now holds a special place in my heart, and I rather love her. ;) 

   This show was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Surrounded by so many people older and more experienced in the acting world than myself (I was the youngest by 10 years) I grew so much as an actress. Legit, everyone in that cast was so flipping talented, and I was able to flourish by working with them. It was so cool to be in a setting where everyone involved pushed themselves, and grew themselves as actors. (Guys I've caught the acting bug and now I just wanna be in more and more shows. I haven't decided if this is good or a problem ;) 

    I also gained a second family. It was a small cast; including the whole directing team there was no more than fifteen of us. We had a very condensed rehearsal time, no more than twelve rehearsals. This show was short but sweet. Oh, so sweet. It's almost been a month now since the show closed, and I miss it so much. And my sisters. We were sisters onstage, but also sisters offstage. I love each of them so dearly, and miss them so much my heart hurts. 

    This show was truly a gift. I wasn't planning on it happening, I wasn't always sure that I had made the right choice to be in it..... But it truly was a gift. I grew, and flourished, and made friendships and memories I'll have forever. (I also got to wear stunning costumes, so there's also that.) I couldn't be more grateful for this show, and can't wait for the next one. *which is coming up very soon I have another audition in January what*

   And now for pictures. There are lots. Be warned. Actually, there are more than this, these are just my favourites. 

Cast Photo!! Featuring us trying to be Victorian ;)

Amy March 

Marmee and the sisters 
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PICTURE


PETTICOATS GALORE 

Aunt March visits on Christmas Day 



Putting on a play  
Jo and Laurie 
    Jo and Laurie's chemistry in this show was amazing!!! They were adorable. And just to make things cuter, these two played Mary Poppins and Bert together this spring!

Jo cuts her hair 
Jo mourns her hair 
Beth gets sick 
Amy and Laurie before she leaves for Aunt March's
I loved Amy and Laurie's relationship in this show.... it was so sweet and fun. And I honestly love that they got married at the end <3

Father comes home *cries*
  Father coming home was one of those moments in the show when all of us were genuinely crying onstage. It was such a emotional and stunning moment. The final show was defiantly the hardest... There were lots of tears in this scene.




*CRIES*

Meg and John Brooke
These two are adorabllleeee!!!

Meg gets married 
Ya'll we sang a version of 'For the Beauty of the Earth' in this scene. It was sooooo perfect. 

Amy before she leaves for Europe with Aunt March 
Beth is dying 
  The scene where Beth died was brutal. Joanna (Jo) and Sonja (Beth) were honestly incredible, and gave the most convincing and raw performances every time. Even at the first read through of the script they had the whole team in tears. AGH

Jo receives her book 'My Beth' in the final scene 
And now for some photos that I took backstage. 


Beth and Amy backstage at our dress rehearsal ;) The two youngest March sisters got sass. 


Close ups of my final costume, when Amy comes back from Paris married. It was seriously stunning, and it had a bustle and giant green bow at the back. I love it soooooo much .




    And finally, the four March Sisters after the final show, all blotchy from crying, but so so happy. I miss them so much. Also, I look like I'm twenty in this picture XD 

    And so, that is just a glimpse into my latest adventure on stage, and the memories I made there. I miss it so much, but have plenty of keepsakes: a broach from my final 'Paris' costume, a pretty copy of Little Women the whole cast wrote notes in, matching handkerchiefs with the whole cast, and my personal favourite; all of us four sisters got matching necklaces which say: 


"I could never love anyone as I love my sisters"
-Little Women 

Comments

  1. *waves* Hi, I'm Liv and I'm new-ish here (it's my first time commenting, anyways). ;)

    That's so cool that you were in Little Women! ALL THOSE PRETTY DRESSES, TOO. <3

    I'm looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helloooo!! And welcome of course. ;)

      Aren't the dresses just scrumptious though? It was honestly one of my favourite part.

      Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Christmas is definitely one of my favorite times of the year (I also love Halloween)! I am wishing that I will have a white Christmas.

    What a great experience! It looks like a lot of work and fun, and y'all look great in the dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Christmas is amazing. So far we have snow, and I'm hoping it'll last ;)

      It was a lot of work, but it was awesome too.
      Thank you!!! The dresses were so fun!!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Abigail!!! So I haven't commented here in foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and I'm really sorry *hides* BUT I just wanted to say, I LOVE this post!! Your costume looks beautiful and I can tell you were a wonderful Amy March <3 I can't wait to hear about your further adventures on stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!!!! Aw that's ok, but I've missed you!!!!

      I'm so glad!!!!! Thank you so much; it was such an awesome experience! And the dresses were to die for.

      I can't wait to share them with you!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh!! That is SO awesome. Congrats on the play!! It's so cool that you're getting to act! :D :D And saaaaame, Little Women is one of my favorites.

    Loved looking through all the pictures! :D

    And I hope you're doing marvelously, m'dear; and I'm so excited for Christmas, too!!!

    P.S. Y'all got necklaces with that quote?! AAAAWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu!!!! I'm discovering that it's something I love desperately. And Little Women is amazing and I love it. ;)

      Aw I'm glad!! It's nice to have them as a memento of sorts.

      I am!! I love this time of year so I'm super happy right now. And I hope you're doing wonderfully as well!!!

      YES! It was a gift from our 'Meg' to all of the sisters. It made us cry. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment